What should my data feed look like?
Feeds should be UTF-8 encoded.
- Only use absolute URL's; include the protocol and domain name. (Example: http://www.example.com/article-1.html)
- You can choose your own names when naming fields. Yet each parent item-node should have the same name (for example ).
- All meta-data for an item should be on the first level of the XML file under the item node. Exceptions to this rule are nodes that contain multiple values, like colors or categories. These values can be stored in a subnode.
- Each item has to contain an ID field. The ID must be unique in your feed and can contain alphanumeric characters.
- The use of HTML in your data is not supported. Sooqr will remove HTML from your input because we cannot use it in the search tool. Although Sooqr will do her best to clean-up your data, it is best to remove HTML from your data feed.
- Date values should use the RFC3339 format. All timings should be in the UTC time zone (example: 2012-02-31T15:00:00Z).
- Each item should at least contain an ID, title and URL.
- URL's and values containing markup should be contained in CDATA nodes.
- Floating point numbers (like prices) should use the decimal point.
- If metadata is not available, you can remove the node from the output. This will also improve the size of the feed.
- You can validate your XML feed at the W3C Markup Validation Service.
- For an example of what a data feed should look like please check Sooqr Support for specs.